We are back! We start Season 10 with two documentaries about the animal kingdom: Bird Island and Space Dogs. With returning guest host Leslie Combemale (owner of ArtInsights Gallery), we review the former, and then Bart and Chris interview Elsa Kremser and Levin Peter, the directors of the latter. Given the political season and the upcoming episodes that deal with all of that fraught material, we thought that we would first begin with a look at something else. But stay tuned, as more directly relevant topics to our current time are on the agenda ?
Group Review Documentary:
BIRD ISLAND (Sergio Da Costa/Maya Kosa, 2019)
Available on MUBI USA until October 24. 2020.
Film Featured in Interview Portion:
SPACE DOGS (Elsa Kremser/Levin Peter, 2019)
Currently out in theaters and on VOD.
Other Films/Websites Mentioned:
- Alliance of Women Film Journalists
- Birthright: A War Story (Civia Tamarkin, 2017)
- Cinema Siren
- An Inconvenient Truth (Davis Guggenheim, 2006)
- Los Reyes (Iv?n Osnovikoff/Bettina Perut, 2018)
- Kanopy streaming service
- Masks by Leslie's friend Julie Chandler
- The Mole Agent (Maite Alberdi, 2019)
- Motion Pictures Association
- The Private Life of a Cat (Alexander Hammid/Maya Deren, 1947)
Links to reviews by Christopher Llewellyn Reed:?
- 00:43 ? Intro
- 07:17 ? Group Discussion of BIRD ISLAND
- 17:44 ? Bart and Chris interview Elsa Kremser and Levin Peter of SPACE DOGS
- ??43:23 ? Doc Talk
- 51:50 ? Closing and End Credits
Artwork by Hilary Campbell
Intro music by Jeremiah Moore
Transitional music by BELLS? (thanks to Christopher Ernst)
Editing and shownotes by Christopher Llewellyn Reed