In this week?s episode, we discuss cults (or not) and the science of climate change, de-extinction, space exploration and more, all in a brief 50 minutes, as we review Spaceship Earth and interview directors David Alvarado and Jason Sussberg about their We Are As Gods. Joining us as guest host this time is film critic and fellow podcaster Jessica Baxter (whose ?Paid in Puke? is worth a listen). Looking for some exciting times and ideas of how to save humanity? Tune in to our show!
Group Review Documentary:
SPACESHIP EARTH (Matt Wolf, 2020)
Available now on VOD, on multiple platforms, courtesy of Neon.
Film Featured in Interview Portion:
WE ARE AS GODS (David Alvarado/Jason Sussberg, 2020)
Film would have premiered at 2020 SXSW Film Festival. Distribution pending.
Other Films/Series Mentioned/Referenced:
- Bill Nye: Science Guy (David Alvarado/Jason Sussberg, 2017)
- Dosed (Tyler Chandler, 2019)
- Fantastic Fungi (Louie Schwartzberg, 2019)
- Have a Good Trip: Adventures in Psychedelics (Donick Cary, 2020)
- The Immortalists (David Alvarado/Jason Sussberg, 2014)
- The Last Dance (Jason Hehir, 2020) (10-part ESPN series)
- Recorder: The Marion Stokes Project (Matt Wolf, 2019)
Links to reviews by Christopher Llewellyn Reed:
- 00:42 ? Intro
- 04:12 ? Group Discussion of SPACESHIP EARTH
- 20:45 ? Bart and Chris interview David Alvarado and Jason Sussberg of WE ARE AS GODS
- ??40:35 ? Doc Talk
Artwork by Hilary Campbell
Intro music by Jeremiah Moore
Transitional music by BELLS (thanks to Christopher Ernst)
Editing and shownotes by Christopher Llewellyn Reed